Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 2 hours (High) + 1.5 to 2 hours (Low)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, cut in half lengthwise, cleaned, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable supreme seasoning
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) whole new potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine 2 tablespoons of the butter and the oil. Stir in leeks, carrots, bacon, and vegetable seasoning until combined. Place potatoes on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on High heat setting for 2 hours.
Stir in vegetable broth. Turn slow cooker to Low heat setting. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
Sprinkle salmon with seafood seasoning; place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Transfer salmon to a serving platter and cut into 4 portions; keep warm.
Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the half-and-half to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, mound mashed potatoes on serving platter and top with salmon fillets. Arrange leeks and carrots over or alongside salmon. Serve immediately.