Makes: 4 servings
- 4 swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 cup refrigerated citrus salad, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, deveined, and minced
For mango swordfish: Place swordfish steaks in a large zip-top plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, mango nectar, balsamic vinegar, and jerk seasoning. Pour mixture into bag with swordfish. Squeeze air out of bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours (but no longer), turning occasionally. Remove bag from refrigerator and let stand on counter for 30 minutes before cooking.
In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Remove swordfish from marinade and shake off excess (discard marinade). Place swordfish in skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side.
For citrus salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Season with salt to taste.
Serve citrus salsa on top of or alongside swordfish steaks.