Makes: 16 meatballs
Cook: 12 minutes
- 8 fresh rosemary stalks (8 to 10 inches)
- 11⁄2 pounds ground lamb
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, Lawry’s®
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, The Spice Hunter®
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 garlic-stuffed green olives, Santa Barbara®
- 4 pita bread rounds, Sara Lee®
- Purchased tzatziki sauce
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Strip all but the top 1 inch of leaves from rosemary stalks. Wrap tops in foil.
In a large bowl, stir together ground lamb, parsley, chopped rosemary, garlic salt, garam masala, and pepper. Wet your hands to prevent sticking and form into 16 meatballs. Alternately thread olives and meatballs onto the rosemary stalks.
Brush grate with oil. Grill skewers for 12 to 15 minutes or until lamb is cooked, turning often. Serve with pita and tzatziki.