Makes 4 servings
1 pound fresh or thawed frozen red snapper fillets
1 can (8.4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon salt-free citrus-herb seasoning
1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon chopped scallion
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and black pepper
Slivered scallions, for garnish (optional)
1. Remove any stray bones from fish and cut into 4 serving portions. Place fish in a large zip-top plastic bag.
2. In a small bowl, combine juice from the can of oranges, limeade concentrate, and citrus-herb seasoning. Pour into bag with fish. Squeeze air from bag and seal. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
3. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high head. Remove fish from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Oil grates when ready to start grilling.
4. Chop oranges and combine in a medium bowl with roasted peppers, cilantro, scallion, and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
5. Remove fish from marinade and discard marinade. Place fish on hot oiled grill. Cook until fish pulls apart easily into flakes but is not dry, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
6. Serve with orange relish. Garnish with slivered scallions, if desired.