Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 11/2 hours
- 4 pounds meaty pork or beef ribs
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons steak rub
- 1 cup ketchup, Heinz®
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, Knott’s®
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, C&H®
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee®
- 1 habañero chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, Pompeian®
Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. Cut ribs into individual portions. Place on baking sheet and coat ribs with the 1/4 cup steak rub. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Roast ribs for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining 2 teaspoons steak rub, ketchup, apricot preserves, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, habañero chile, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
Remove ribs from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325°. Allow time for oven to cool to temperature.
Liberally brush ribs with sauce and return to oven. Continue roasting for 1 hour, basting with sauce after 30 minutes. Remove from oven and brush on remaining sauce. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.