Makes 8 servings
193 calories per serving
1 frozen pie crust (9-inch)
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1⁄2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped
1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1⁄2 cup 2% milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, divided
Kosher salt and pepper
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, drained well, divided
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prebake pie crust for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Leave fat in skillet and drain bacon on paper towels. Add onion and asparagus to skillet and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, milk, eggs, parsley,
1⁄2 tablespoon basil, and salt and pepper to taste until combined. Arrange asparagus, onions, bacon, and half the tomatoes in the prebaked crust. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
4. Bake until eggs have set and tart
is puffed up and lightly browned, 40
to 45 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
5. In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, remaining tomatoes and basil, and kosher salt and pepper to taste. Serve over tart.