Makes 4 servings
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box), thawed but chilled
1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon Parmesan. With a long side facing you, unfold puff pastry sheet on top of Parmesan. Lightly brush pastry with egg wash.
2. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian cheese blend, and paprika. Sprinkle over surface of pastry. Lightly press cheese mixture into pastry.
3. Fold top and bottom edges of pastry in to meet in the center. Next fold pastry in half from left to right. Now fold in half from top to bottom. Place on a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. With a long side of pastry log facing you, and using a very sharp knife, cut crosswise into 12 slices. Dip fat faces of palmiers in remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan and lay faceup on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
TIP Try substituting pesto or tapenade for the Italian cheese and paprika.