Makes 4 servings
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons bottled crushed garlic
2 tablespoons frozen lemon juice,thawed
1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained
4 turkey cutlets (about 6 ounces each)
Sea salt and pepper
2 tablespoons cold water
1 1⁄2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup canola oil
8 cups mixed salad greens
1⁄4 cup balsamic dressing
4 apricots or other fruit
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. For aioli: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and tomatoes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. For schnitzel: Place each turkey cutlet between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet pound to 1⁄4 inch thick.
4. Remove plastic. Season both sides with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, lightly beat together eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in a second dish. Dip turkey into egg mixture to coat, shaking off excess, then coat with bread crumbs.
5. In a large skillet, heat 1⁄2 cup oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 turkey cutlets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side and 2 to 3 minutes on the second side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels and keep warm. Remove oil from skillet and carefully wipe skillet with paper towels. Heat remaining 1⁄2 cup hot oil over medium-high heat and cook remaining cutlets.
6. For salad: Toss greens with dressing. Serve turkey with salad and aioli. Garnish with fruit.