Makes 4 servings
4 pounds chicken parts
3/4 cup gold tequila, divided
3/4 cup peach nectar, divided
1 jar (10 ounces) peach fruit spread
4 tablespoons jalapeño jelly
1 tablespoon canned diced jalapeños, minced
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large zip-top bag, combine chicken parts, 1/2 cup tequila, and 1/2 cup peach nectar. Squeeze out air and seal. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. In a small saucepan, combine peach spread, jalapeño jelly, jalapeños, garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup tequila and 1/4 cup peach nectar. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until jelly melts.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels (discard marinade). Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
5. Baste chicken with some glaze and bake for 10 minutes. Baste again and bake for another 30 minutes. Baste again and bake until golden brown, another 10 minutes.
*Note: Make this recipe ahead for a delicious dish that’s quick to warm up during the week.