Ginger Rack of Lamb
Makes 4 servings
2 8-rib racks of lamb, Frenched
1 cup ginger ale
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Szechuan seasoning
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon bottled crushed garlic
3/4 cup ginger preserves
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon Szechuan seasoning
1. Place lamb in a large zip-top bag.
2. For sherry marinade: In a medium bowl, stir together ginger ale, sherry, soy sauce, Szechuan seasoning, fresh ginger, and garlic. Pour over lamb. Squeeze air out of bag and seal. Gently massage bag to coat lamb. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
3. For ginger glaze: In a small saucepan, combine preserves, sherry, and Szechuan seasoning. Heat over medium heat, stirring until preserves have melted. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
4. Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade). Let lamb stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with foil.
6. Place lamb, meat side down, on baking pan. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes for medium (135° to 140°F). Brush with glaze every 10 minutes. Transfer lamb to cutting board and tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, reheat glaze to boiling. Brush lamb with hot glaze. Cut lamb into portion-size chops. Serve cut chops with hot glaze.