Special Cone Flowers
MATERIALS (material for 12 cones)
- 1 22-x28 sheet of poster board
- 3 12-inch doilies, Wilton, Hobby Lobby
- ruler or yardstick
- glue sticks
- hot-glue gun and sticks
- single-hole punch
- assorted ribbon (at least 1 inch wide)
- several pieces of wet fl oral foam
- sandwich-size plastic resealable bags
- cut flowers and greenery in various sizes
- Using a yardstick, measure and mark poster board per template below. Cut full circles and then half circles. Fold each and then cut again until you have 12 quarter pieces.
- Next fold and cut three doilies into quarter pieces.
- Apply glue on one side of each poster board piece using glue sticks, and attach onto a doily, aligning the pointed edges. Trim away excess paper.
- Overlap the two straight edges of each poster-board piece, forming a cone. Run a bead of hot glue (on the lowest heat setting) along one side to hold the cone in shape.
- Using the single-hole punch, make a hole on either side of the cone, near the top edge, and feed a 2-foot-long piece of ribbon through the holes.
- Place a piece of moist fl oral foam in the corner of a plastic bag, and insert it in the cone.
- Begin your bouquet by adding flowers from the center out. Tie the ribbon at the top for hanging on a doorknob.