BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Barbecue Belt Beef Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
1 bottle (12 ounces) Heinz® chili sauce
1 cup beer
1 cup molasses
1 packet (1.31 ounces) sloppy joe seasoning mix
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
12 slices cooked beef brisket
8 slices frozen garlic Texas toast(about 11 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large skillet, stir together chili sauce, beer, molasses, sloppy joe seasoning, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sliced brisket and simmer
3 to 4 minutes or until beef is heated through.
3. Meanwhile, arrange Texas toast, spread sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
4. To assemble each sandwich, arrange 3 slices of the brisket
on each piece of toast. Spoon some sauce over meat and top with another slice of toast
French Onion Soup Makes
5 cups sliced onions
2 cans (14 ounces each) beef broth
2 cans (10 ounces each) beef consommé
1 packet (1 ounce) onion soup mix
8 slices French bread 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
1. In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine onions, broth, consommé, and soup mix. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours. 2. Position rack 4 to 6 inches from heat and preheat broiler.
3. Ladle soup into broiler proof serving bowls. Top each with a slice of bread. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each slice. Broil until cheese melts (watch closely).