Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box pineapple cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 cup Sandra Lee Cocktail Time® Key Lime Margarita
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 boxes (16 ounces) powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons rum
- Blue and green food coloring Blue maraschino cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, beat together cake mix, eggs, 1 cup cream of coconut, margarita, and coconut oil until smooth. Scrape batter into tin and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool completely.
3. In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, 2 tablespoons cream of coconut, and rum until smooth and fluffy. Divide into 2 bowls; tint 1 blue and 1 green.
4. Fill disposable pastry bag with 1 cup blue frosting. Fill another with green. Snip off a 1-inch hole at tip of each bag. Place both, side by side, in a third bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a swirling mound on top of each cupcake (reload as necessary). Garnish with cherries, paper straws, and cocktail umbrellas.
TIP To make Key Lime Cocktail Cupcakes: Bake Pina Colada Cocktail Cupcakes, but use this icing instead: In a bowl, stir together 2 cups powdered sugar and 3 to 4 tablespoons Sandra Lee Cocktail Time® Key Lime Margarita until smooth. Drizzle over cupcakes and garnish with wedges of key lime dipped in sugar.